- Terrenus Consulting Ltd founded by William Hume and Fraser Duff to provide specialist services in Geo-technical and Contaminated Land elements of the land development process.
- First projects undertaken by the Company include investigations throughout Scotland, the south of England and the Republic of Georgia.
Company expanded with Douglas Aitken joining the company with staff members rising to four by then end of the year.
- Company achieved significant growth with the addition of a further three members of staff and further expansion of our expertise in geo-technical and contaminated land fields.
- Growth of client base to include small and large scale house builders as well as commercial and retail developers.
- Purchase of Gas Analyser and dip meter for on-site monitoring.
Introduction of Flood Risk Assessment and Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS) design to the company’s capability stream. Purchase of the DHI Mike 11 hydraulic modelling suite.
- Further expansion with an additional nine members of staff and the growth of all three of the company’s capability streams under senior members of staff. Appointment of Steven Curran and Gerry McGarrity as Associate Directors. Appointment of Douglas Aitken as a senior member of staff.
- Growth in capability with additional DHI software for urban and 2D hydraulic modelling and development of in-house Generic Assessment Criteria for contaminated land risk assessments.
- Awarded Lanarkshire Business Learning Champion.
- Key projects include forensic slope stability analysis in Hamilton, contaminated land developments at Granton Harbour for Sir Robert McAlpine and at Kingston Dock for Clyde Ports.
- Detailed 2D fluvial and coastal modelling carried out for local Councils in Castle Douglas, Stranraer, Irvine and Girvan.
Impact of economic downturn keenly felt by company resulting in downsizing.
Name change from Terrenus Consulting Ltd to Terrenus CDH Ltd to reflect the introduction of Steven Curran as Director.
- Company sees slow growth in the development sector with flood risk and sustainable drainage element of the Company remaining robust.
- Key projects include surface water runoff analysis and design works for Lochluichart Wind Farm, Inverness.
- Help for Heroes fundraising undertaken throughout 2012 following injury of a former member of staff whilst on active duty in Afghanistan – over £10,000 raised.
- Terrenus CDH Ltd renamed as Terrenus Land & Water Ltd with the departure of Steven Curran.
- Terrenus Group formed as a collaborative workgroup encompassing provision of Blue / Green Infrastructure design and Environmental Impact Assessments as well as holistic environmental planning issues.
- Notable completed projects include a Blue Green initiative for Clyde Gateway.
- Fraser Duff retires as a Director of the company to pursue his professional photography interests – the company continues with William Hume as sole Director. Douglas Aitken re-joins the company from Australia as Associate Director.
- Move to offices in Blantyre.
- Key projects include detailed hydraulic modelling of the River Teviot for new development in centre of Hawick as well as comprehensive site investigation works for the proposed M8 Jn29A one and off ramps.
- Company grows the additional staff members requiring the move to new office space. Growth of company with new clients and innovative work undertaken throughout Scotland.
- Introduction of new software for hydraulic modelling (Flood Modeller). Purchase of Settle 3D for land settlement analysis. Key projects include innovative foundation and contaminated land solutions for flatted residential development (first use of such techniques in Scotland).
- Projects also include settlement analysis for new Jn29A on the M8 Motorway using Shape Accel Arrays for increased monitoring accuracy.
- Strong growth noted for the Company with projects carried out for over 800 clients.
- Significant investment made in new HEC-RAS software and training for hydraulic modelling. Development of in-house topographic survey capabilities to facilitate hydraulic modelling and site investigation projects.
- Additional equipment purchased for in-situ geo-technical testing to facilitate earthworks.
- Key projects include mine stabilisation works in South Lanarkshire, detailed contaminated land risk assessments at Mossend North Lanarkshire and 2D hydraulic modelling in St Andrews and Lochside of Leys, Aberdeenshire.
Celebrating 20 Years in business.
Welcomed Douglas Aitken as a Director of the Company.